|Secretariat||Medical Imaging & Technology Alliance (MITA)|
Lisa Spellman, Luiza Kowalczyk,
|Chair||Lawrence Tarbox, PhD, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences|
Jeroen Medema, Philips
|Minutes||DICOM Standard Committee minutes|
The DICOM Standards Committee consists of manufacturing companies, service organizations, consulting companies, biomedical professional organizations, trade associations, other standards-developing organizations and government agencies worldwide that have a direct and material interest in the activities of the Committee.
The DICOM Standards Committee members are responsible for:
- Developing proposed standards within the scope of the Committee;
- Voting to approve proposed standards within its scope;
- Maintaining the Committee’s standard by reaffirming, revising or withdrawing the standard within five years of its approval;
- Responding to requests for interpretations of the Committee’s standard;
- Adopting Committee policy and procedures and revisions thereof;
- Considering and acting on proposals for termination of the Committee and
- Other matters requiring Committee action.
The Committee forms and oversees working groups that carry out standards work for specific modalities, clinical domains or areas of technology.
The Committee meets three times per year; typically rotating between Europe, Asia and North America.