Change Proposals (CPs) may be submitted to the DICOM Secretariat (email@example.com).
- Anyone who identifies an error in the Standard or a need for clarification of the Standard is invited to submit a CP.
- CPs will be reviewed and processed by DICOM WG-6.
- CPs are assigned to a member of WG-6; subsequent participation by the submitter is welcome but not required.
- Progress of CPs may be found in the minutes of WG-6.
- Eventually CPs are collected into a CPack and distributed in a ballot to members of the DICOM Standards Committee.
- Approved Final Text CPs are incorporated into the next edition of the Standard.
What Are Change Proposals?
A Change Proposal is a small document to describe and address an issue like:
- Ambiguities - the Standard is not precise and/or leads to multiple interpretations.
- Omissions - necessary text is missing from the Standard.
- Inconsistencies - two or more sections of the Standard conflict.
- Clarifications - the Standard is correct but additional text would facilitate interpretation.
- Errata - normative or informative text in the Standard contains an error.
Refer to the DICOM Standard Development Process for further details on how Change Proposals are processed.