|Secretariat||Medical Imaging & Technology Alliance (MITA)|
Luiza Kowalczyk, email@example.com
|Chairs||Lawrence Tarbox, PhD, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences|
Jeroen Medema, Philips Healthcare
|Last strategy update||2018-09-25|
- The WG is responsible for the PR for DICOM. It seizes opportunities in the areas of education, communication, and outreach, and advices the DSC on this matter.
- As we did in the past, we will continue to take opportunities to perform PR for DICOM.
- Organize DICOM International Conferences
- Define competency requirements for target audiences
- Discuss whether to accredit educational providers, and if so, how
- Define the content that should be provided
- Develop and maintain an Executive Summary document to explain and define DICOM’s role in healthcare
- Redesign and manage the DICOM website
- Optimize communications to the DICOM community
- Create printed articles and/or video presentations about DICOM
- Assist with implementation and use of new supplements including through support to customers and manufacturers
- Establish reciprocal connections with patient advocates, policy makers, medical informatics leaders, and others
- Finalize branding & market awareness building plan, and get it executed. The latter implies effort and expenses, which may be hard to get.
- Main focus in the last period was on the Educational Conference in Brisbane.
- Brad Genereaux was named the SIIM representative to DICOM.
- The website has been extended, and email addresses of secretariat and WG chairs have been moved too.
- Small paper in EI, the NEMA magazine.
- Work is done on a branding and market awareness building plan.