|Secretariat (U.S)||College of American Pathologists (CAP)|
Doug Murphy, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Secretariat (Europe)||Sociedad Española de Informática de la Salud (SEIS)|
Marcial García Rojo, email@example.com
|Chair||Co-Chair Dan Hosseinzadeh, PathCore Inc|
Co-Chair Mikael Wintell
|Last strategy update||2018-11-29|
- WG26 scope is to support and develop the DICOM standard so the Pathology Domain can handle their whole slide images and also the macros when it comes to produce, store and communicate. We also want to make it possible for the domain to be a part of the whole healthcare process by open up those system when it comes to interoperability using global standards
Current Supplements, Work and Objectives:
- The working group is collaborating with the Healthcare Enterprise® (IHE) Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (PaLM) on the IHE PaLM draft white paper that can be retrieved from https://wiki.ihe.net/index.php/APW-EDM_White_Paper.
Challenges and Opportunities (Environment):
- Encourage clinical users to participate in our meetings.
- Hard to set up our Connectathons with no budget, demands a lot of work and negotiations.
- Having Connectathons is a great opportunity to test the “theoretical standard” in real life and the output guides us where to focus our future work.
Future Roadmap and Objectives (Committee Direction):
The keys to the success of working group 26 connectathons:
- Impactful with engagement between the connectathon participants and the conference attendees
- Educational for the conference attendees
- Improve the standards as more connectathons are held
- CP 1713, 1740, 1757, 1758, 1759, 1804 – Final Texts