|Secretariat||American Dental Association (ADA)|
Paul Bralower, email@example.com
|Chair||Veeratrishul Allareddy, American Dental Association/Univ. of Iowa|
Chris Bope: Danaher/Palodex Group/Soredex
|Last strategy update||2016-12-01|
To address all issues relating to the DICOM Standard for dental and maxillofacial applications including imaging and use of imaging in diagnosis, treatment simulation, treatment guidance, and tissue restoration using CAD/CAM. These include (but are not limited to) ordering, acquisition, processing, storage, communication, display and reporting.
Future Roadmap and Objectives
Items discussed but not seen as a current WG-22 priority
- Implant treatment guidance
- Surgical workflow issues in dentistry
- Multi-dimensional presentation states
- Add “DICOM Implementation of Color in Dentistry” (ICC) or Enhanced Color Mapping in Dentistry
Current Supplements, Work and Objectives
- DICOM CP 1455 Add Dose Area Product to CT Image IOD
Reviewed by WG 6 and included in CPack 89 for addition to the DICOM Standard, most likely included in 2017a.
- DICOM CP1570 Add Dental Acquisition Context Group to the Visible Light Image Module
Reviewed by WG6 with revisions. WG6 recommended additional work on the optical path module attributes. This is a larger issue than dental and WG6 recommend that it be taken out of CP1570 and this work is now being tracked under CP1669.
- DICOM CP1571 Add Orthodontics and Forensic Odontology view sets to Structured Display
Reviewed by WG 6 with revisions. WG 6 requested for a table reformat and other minor revisions then it should be able to move forward.
Challenges and Opportunities (Environment)
- Encourage vendors to participate in finding solutions.
In the general Radiography and Angiography lab environment already various non-image data exist and need to be exchanged to assure flow of information. The different departments are increasingly switching to digital communication and rely on implementation of Standards.
Near Future Roadmap and Objectives (Current Committee Direction)
- 3D optical surface scan
- CAD/CAM Prosthetic Value Chain
- Coordination with WG 28 on Universal Radiation Dose Structured Report (RDSR)
Discussion of 2017 priority. To initiate development of the 3D optical surface scan with ADA support and harmonization with SCDI/SCDP and ISO/TC 106. (Development of DICOM transport of 3D optical surface scan in conjunction with ISO TC/106, ADA SCDI and ADA SCDP as an integral part of the CAD/CAM prosthetic value chain.