|Secretariat||Medical Imaging & Technology Alliance (MITA)|
Lisa Spellman, email@example.com
|Co-Chairs||Till Hoenig, Siemens AG Healthcare|
Shuai Leng, Ph.D., Mayo Clinic
|Last strategy update||2019-10-02|
Develop and maintain the CT-specific objects for the DICOM standard in the domains of nD X-Ray imaging, technical reports, dose information and clinical information, which accompany a patient general CT procedure. These include (but are not limited to) acquisition, processing, storage, communication, display and reporting. The CT group pursues opportunities for further enhancements in the area of clinical interoperability for CT.
Current Supplements, Work and Objectives:
- Working on a number of CPs addressing some left-over issues of Supp188
- Unify CT Additional X-Ray Source Sequence
- FrameType/ImageType reference
- New ImageType ENERGY_VRPROP_WT
- CP1881: Size Specific Dose Estimation – align with IEC62985
- X-ray source size definition, align with IEC – deferred to future work as it involves more modalities other than CT
Challenges and Opportunities (Environment):
- Encourage users to participate in finding solutions for daily CT operation
- Cooperation with other WGs for finding solutions beyond CT.
Future Roadmap and Objectives (Committee Direction):
- Further follow-up of Supp188. Further CPs might come up during implementation by the vendors.
- DICOM Supplement 188 – Multi-Energy CT Images