|Secretariat||Medical Imaging & Technology Alliance (MITA)|
Luiza Kowalczyk, email@example.com
|Chair||Wim Corbijn van Willenswaard, Philips Healthcare|
|Last strategy update||2019-04-05|
The principles of the Enhanced MR object, developed in the 1999-2003 timeframe, had successive follow up by other modalities. The MR group pursues opportunities for further enhancement in the area of clinical interoperability for MR.
Current Supplements, Work and Objectives:
- Supplement 210 Paradigm Protocol Storage [WI 2014-12-A]
- Supplement XXX MR Protocol Storage [WI 2018-09-B]
Challenges and Opportunities (Environment):
- MR applications and MR technology are constantly being refined. As these techniques are getting more mature they require additional information to be stored in MR related objects in order to further support interoperability.
- Overall pressure on traveling increases the difficulty in getting approval for F2F meetings.
- The fMRI and protocol discussion show that MR is getting more and more integrated in a workflow with other products and needs to work together with these products. The workgroup can explore if other usage of MR data is requiring further definition and integration of the data.
Future Roadmap and Objectives (Committee Direction):
- QIBA for fMRI developments
- Finish Supplement 210 & Sup XXX sometimes in 2020
- Supplement 181 MR Diffusion Tractography Storage SOP Class
- Supplement 189 Functional MR Blending Presentation State Storage