|Secretariat||Medical Imaging & Technology Alliance (MITA)|
Lisa Spellman, Luiza Kowalczyk
|Chairs||Bruce Bray, American College of Cardiology|
Antje Schroeder, Siemens Healthineers
|Last strategy update||2018-09-25|
To develop standards for the interchange of cardiovascular information.
- The future road map and objectives will be discussed in the upcoming telephone conferences. Potential items to be addressed are
- promote the usage of the newly defined “Simplified Adult Echo SR” to address reporting issues in Echocardiography
- standardize data encoding across different imaging modalities in DICOM SRs
- address encoding of qualitative measurements in Echocardiography SRs
- 3D visualization in cardiology
- Specification of information objects and structured reports for electrophysiology
- Specification of information object for intravascular optical coherence tomography (IVOCT)
- Correction Proposals for the existing Standard in support of cardiology needs
WG-01 plans to meet twice per year for 1 day each, plus interim discussions by telephone conference.
Current Work Items
- There is currently no approved work item for the domain, since the domain is still in the process of defining its strategy and road map.
- Currently there is an ongoing investigation about gaps in current Adult SR templates with ASE guidelines for Key Data Elements and Definitions for Transthoracic Echocardiography. Depending on the scope, this could either be addressed as a CP or a new work item proposal.
As the major cardiology information types have been addressed, the remaining work is narrowly focused. With constrained travel budgets for WG participants, it will be a challenge to move the remaining items to conclusion with sufficient overview from both clinical and industry members.
Challenges and Opportunities
- Clearly delineating interoperability needs in Cardiology that can be addressed by DICOM versus general interoperability needs that can either be addressed through other organization/standardization groups.