|Secretariat||Medical Imaging & Technology Alliance (MITA)|
Lisa Spellman, DICOM General Secretary
|Chairs||Bruce Bray, University of Utah School of Medicine|
Antje Schroeder, Siemens Healthineers
|Last strategy update||2018-11-29|
- To develop standards for the interchange of cardiovascular information.
Current Supplements, Work and Objectives:
- There is currently no approved work item for the domain, since the domain is still in the process of defining its strategy and road map.
- Currently there is an ongoing investigation about gaps in current Adult SR templates with ASE guidelines for Key Data Elements and Definitions for Transthoracic Echocardiography. Depending on the scope, this could either be addressed as a CP or a new work item proposal.
Challenges and Opportunities (Environment):
- Clearly delineating interoperability needs in Cardiology that can be addressed by DICOM versus general interoperability needs that can either be addressed through other organization/standardization groups.
- WG-12, Ultrasound, has been dormant since 2016. It is holding a tcon in early December to assess stakeholder interest to restart. WG-01 has been invited to participate in this tcon given a shared interest to develop a proposal to expand DICOM-SR to include more cardiac mechanics (strain, torsion, etc.).
Future Roadmap and Objectives (Committee Direction):
The future road map and objectives will be discussed in the upcoming telephone conferences. Potential items to be addressed are
- promote the usage of the newly defined “Simplified Adult Echo SR” to address reporting issues in Echocardiography
- standardize data encoding across different imaging modalities in DICOM SRs
- address encoding of qualitative measurements in Echocardiography SRs
- 3D visualization in cardiology
- Intravascular OCT Image Storage SOP Class – Final Text 2009 https://www.dicomstandard.org/supplements/